Sunday, November 13, 2011

Airbrushing and Sugar...Slightly Boring

Okay so I’m really really behind in my blogging.  Basically that’s because for the last three months we have been stealing internet from our neighbors.  They just moved making it very difficult for me to do anything on the computer since we no longer had internet.  I’m proud to say though that we just got it so now I’m officially back online.  So what I shall do so that you can read in spurts and I don’t post a nine inch long post (in HP assignment terms) is post a few blogs for the weeks that I have missed.  Hopefully I haven’t lost you all by being gone so long. 
So four weeks ago, we had Chef Scott and we worked with other sugars and airbrushing.  Airbrushing was sooooo boring.  We literally spent a whole day just making dots and lines of various sizes so we could learn pressure control and such.  I did alright in this section but once it came time to put airbrushing on the sugar pieces, I wasn’t very talented.  We worked with pressed sugar which is just sugar and vinegar pressed into a mold.  It hardens completely and can hold quite a bit of weight.  So if you look right about the cake portion, you will see a half sphere which is the pressed sugar which we then airbrushed. It looks weird because it has the look and feel of Styrofoam so I don’t like how cheap it looks.  The butterfly, stones, flower, leaves, and stems are all made from pastillage which is basically very much like gumpaste.  We airbrushed all of these but the stones.   Honestly there isn’t much more to say about that weeks project since we spent quite a few days just spraying dots.  Very boring and nothing you want to hear about.  Since this was so short, keep reading the more recent posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment